JOB TITLE: Youth Mentor & Peer Educators
Applications should be addressed and emailed OR hand delivered to:
The Town Clerk
Matsapha Town Council
Corner Airport and Police College Road
P.O. Box 1790
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not be contacted within 4 weeks after the closing deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Matsapha Town Council intends recruiting one (1) youth mentor and six (6) peer educators. The positions will support the, Health & Wellness program by engaging young people in urban areas (both in and out of school), providing leadership, correct and consistent information and building life skills that can help to reduce their vulnerability and risk on Health & Wellness issues.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Must have completed at least O’level/IGCSE
- Background in Peer Education.
- Must be a Matsapha resident.
- Must be below 35 Years.
- Proof of residence is required: traceable physical address or stand/home number
- Experience working with other young people in leadership role.
- Knowledge of issues and programs (including HIV and AIDS), that relate to young people.
- Very good written and oral (presentation) communication skills.
- Good administrative and organizational skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- 9 months contract
DOWNLOAD VACANCY POSTER