Following Government’s public declaration on the partial lockdown due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) in the country, there has been a serious need to adjust our operations for the next few weeks. We would like to ensure that it is our priority that all our ratepayers, business community, residents, the general public, stakeholders and our staff remain as safe as possible. We therefore request that office visits be minimized in the event these matters can be dealt with via available electronic methods. This therefore means the following measures will be taken:
- We shall seek to handle most queries via email or telephone.
- Payments should be through the electronic options listed below:
|Bank||Branch||Branch Code||Account Number|
|First National Bank||Matsapha||281064||62456251265|
As per the declaration the lockdown to be effected on Friday 27th March 2020, will only be a partial lockdown, with essential services to be made available. This therefore means that Council will be operational, however some services may be delayed due to the current situation. The following services will still be available:
- Waste Management- Operations such as refuse collection will still be available and will be fully operational. Council will continue to try and keep the streets of Matsapha clean, to avoid neglect and damage to our environment.
- Rates Payment- This service will still be available. The public is encouraged to consider use of electrical payment to ensure safety of both our ratepayers and staff. The payment options have been highlighted above.
- Maintenance issues- The maintenance services will still be available to ensure that the aesthetics and environment are of a required standard. The maintenance services may include and are not limited to streetlighting and traffic lights and road maintenance.
- General Issues- Complaints or Queries are to be lodged telephonically. For any enquiries during this period the following officers will be available on call:
- Office Numbers – 2518 6637/8265
- General Issues – 7963 6348 / 7602 9267 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Refuse Collection – 7612 6067 (email@example.com)
- Maintenance Issues- 7802 0868 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rates Payment – 7602 4787 (email@example.com)
Consideration and patience from the public is requested at this time and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Council urges you all to try stay at home and for workplaces to comply with the safety procedures outlined by government.